Emergency Dentist McKinney TX
If you experience a dental emergency, you can get the care you need from the emergency dental team at Dossett Dental McKinney.
Even if you take great care of your teeth and your oral health, you might still someday find yourself in need of an emergency dentist in McKinney. Our emergency dental team is available to treat your dental emergency immediately.
Types of emergencies handled by our emergency dentist in McKinney, TX
The team at Dossett Dental McKinney has a great deal of experience in handling a wide range of dental emergencies. Should you ever have an urgent dental need, you can call our McKinney office for expedited treatment. Some of the most common emergency situations, and what to do when they occur, are:
- Chipped or cracked teeth: While you wait for us to begin your appointment, keep your face numbed with a cold compress pack. This will help to keep swelling down. Should you need to clean your mouth, only do so with warm water.
- Tooth loss caused by impact: Tooth loss by impact can be quite painful, which may make it difficult to think clearly immediately after the accident. However, if you can, the first thing you should do is gently place the tooth back into its appropriate socket, doing your best not to touch the root. If this is not possible, simply keep the tooth moist until your appointment by placing it between your cheek and gums or in a cup of milk.
- Major toothaches: Do not put aspirin on your teeth or gums, as it could burn your tissue. Instead, you should rinse your mouth with warm water and try to remove food from between your teeth by gently flossing. Your dentist can help you figure out what is causing the toothache.
- Objects stuck in your mouth: Do not, under any circumstance, attempt to get rid of objects in your mouth with a sharp instrument. Use dental floss lightly if possible, or wait until your emergency appointment.
How you can prevent dental emergencies
While not all dental emergencies can necessarily be avoided, using some common sense and good dental hygiene can go a long way. Here are a few precautions to keep in mind:
Do not use your teeth as a knife or scissors
Do not chomp down on hard foods, as it could damage your teeth.
Always wear a protective mouth guard whenever playing a physical sport
For more information about the emergency dental care services we provide, contact Dossett Dental McKinney at 469-277-2853
- Phone: 469-277-2853
- 4550 W. Eldorado Pkwy #107
- McKinney, TX 75070
- Monday: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:30am to 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Thursday: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Saturday: 8:30am to 2:00pm